Martelle Photography Privacy Notice
In very basic terms we totally respect your personal information and will only ask you for what information we really need from you. We will look after it in the same way we would want ours looking after, keeping it secure! We will only share it with others where we need their help us deliver our service to you (such as our professional printing laboratory who may need your name and address to post your purchases). Be assured that we will never share your information in any other circumstances – nor will we sell it on elsewhere!
The Data I Collect
As a data controller I collect a variety of data in order to deliver my services, and I will manage your personal data transparently, fairly and securely.
The information collected from you as a result of entering into:
- a wedding contract
- a lifestyle or portrait contract
with Martelle Photography will include some, if not all, of the following:
- Name of person commissioning the photographs
- Telephone numbers: both mobile numbers and landline numbers
- Time, Location of shoot
- Order History
- Billing Address
- Postal Address
- Credit Card Info
- Bank Details
- Email Subscriptions
– email campaigns from the photographer (opt-out possible)
– order-related emails
– personal communication from the photographer
- Browser, Operating System and Device information
- adults and children’s’ names on my home image cataloguing system (Lightroom)
- Name and mobile number of the bride’s maid of honour
- Name and mobile number of the of groom’s best man
- Name and address and mobile numbers of parents / mother / father of the bride
- Name and address and mobile numbers of parents / mother / father of the groom
- In photographing your wedding, it is assumed that all the attendees of said wedding, be that as a party working at the event or as a guest or as an attendee of the event itself, have given unwritten permission for their photograph to be taken by the photographer, as an extension of your contract with the photographer.
- Dates of birth for all persons I photograph under the age of 13 who require the parent or a legal guardian to consent to photography.
All of your information is stored digitally.
Obviously, being a photographic business I also create and manage images as per our contractual agreement(s). These images are stored on my iMac, an external hard drive (x2) and an archive copy of all my photos, which is kept at a secure alternate location to my office. When uploaded to my website, there are never any photos or galleries bearing a child’s name.
Why do I collect this data from you?
I use the above data to enable me to
- make telephone contact with you
- send you information or products via the internet or via postal delivery
- be able to identify you when processing your photographic images that I have taken
- be able to contact key persons associated with you in my attempt to fulfil the requirements of our contract
- to provide account access
- to personalise your experience with me, as your photographer
- to deliver my service to you
- for marketing purposes
- payment preferences and details for PayPal
This data is collected from you, either via a booking form for a studio / lifestyle / commercial shoot or via the wedding contract that you are asked to fill in when booking a wedding with Martelle Photography or when you enter your details into the Martelle website (for login, payment processing etc.)
All of the information and data that I collect is on a lawful basis in order to be able to gain photographic consent in order to meet my legal obligation to photograph minors / to arrange fulfilment of a contract.
Which third parties do I share Personal Data with?
You’re information, in the form of your address and or your email address and your phone number may also be shared with other suppliers, who are but are not limited to;
- printers – Data is not transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
- album suppliers – Data is not transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
- online galleries, like shootproof – Data is not transferred outside of the European Economic Area
- payment processors, like Paypal – Data is not transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
Non EU Suppliers
I may also share your information with MailChimp, whereby your data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area to United States under the protection of EU/US Privacy Shield.
We may transfer personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) if necessary, e.g. if a third party we utilise could have servers located outside of the EEA. If this is the case, we will either obtain your consent or otherwise ensure that the transfer is legal and your data is secure by following the EU’s guidelines. You can see above where we send data outside of the EEA and on what basis we do so.
The photographic data that you pay me to produce for you is uploaded onto my martelle.co.uk website host. Unless otherwise agreed, all your photographs will be put into a password protected gallery on this website: this prevents other people from viewing your photos online. I will inform you of the password for your gallery. Your gallery of photos will be displayed on my website titled with your surname, unless instructed otherwise. A photo taken at the shoot / wedding will be chosen by the photographer as a cover photo from the album. If you have any specific requirements as to who should or should not figure in this photo, please advise the photographer at time of booking. All photographs taken at a commissioned photographic event have inferred consent to photograph all persons present as a result of the photographer being booked for said event.
No parental consent is required for photography of minors at a wedding, as consent is inferred through the contract with the bride and groom.
I do upload photographic files to an online gallery for clients to view and purchase. The data that you enter into my website is stored on my MAC, an external hard drive (both located at my home office) and additionally, stored on an external hard drive which is stored off premises.
Your email address is similarly shared with my email service provider.
I do provide a printing service for photographs up to the size of A3, so I do not use outside printing labs on a regular basis.
There are also certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation
How long will we keep your personal data for?
We’ll keep hold of your data during the period we provide our service to you plus seven years from the end of the last company financial year they related to, in order to comply with UK company record keeping requirements.
How do we keep your personal data secure?
We keep your data secure by following internal policies of best practice and training for staff, Encryption, Secure online storage which is password protected and by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology when information is submitted to us online.
In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were involved in the breach, we will also inform you.
Your rights to your personal data and complaints
You’re entitled to know what personal information we hold about you and how that information is processed, which means you can ask us to do any of the following things:
- to access your data;
- to rectify any mistakes relating to your data;
- to erase your data;
- to stop processing your data;
- to receive an electronic copy of your data;
- to object to our processing of your data;
- to object to any automated decision making that we may do using your personal data; and
- (automatic) to receive a notification of any breach of your personal data.
Just let us know (see Contact section below) if you’d like to exercise any of your rights.
If you’re unhappy with how any access request has been dealt with, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner by calling their helpline: 0303 123 1113 or starting a live chat at https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Our site contains cookies (a small text-only file that is placed on your computer by another computer on the internet to enable that computer to know when you are visiting a particular site). They are widely used in order to make sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to our site owners. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. Please be aware that if you decline to accept cookies, it may prevent you from taking full advantage of our site.
Overall, cookies help us to provide you with a better site by enabling us to monitor which webpages you find useful and which you do not. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our site and also allows us to improve our site.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
We welcome any queries or enquiries or requests in respect of this notice, you can contact us by sending us an email to [email protected]
Our company registration details are as follows:
Martelle Photography (Sole Trader)
Registered office address:
90 Christchurch Road